So, let me think about what's been going on lately.
- Ummm, I celebrated Mother's Day weekend by pounding nails out of hardwood flooring with my lovely mother-in-law for six hours on a Saturday...and then ACTUALLY celebrated with her and my own mom and the rest of our families with brunch prepared by yours truly on Sunday. I am so lucky to have two such amazing mothers in my life. Don't know what I'd do without them.
- The weekend after that, I went to our new house on a Friday after school and was SO EMBARRASSED by the
grassweeds that make up our yard. Seriously, I wanted to apologize to the neighbors. Every other yard is meticulously manicured, and ours looks like a vacant parking lot. A couple of them had warned us the yard was full of weeds, but we definitely did not appreciate it until spring was in full swing. We probably need to buy stock in weed killer.
- I spent some more time pounding nails out of flooring with my mom...and realized that that day we pulled up all the flooring was actually probably the EASY part of this job.
- I spent two full days at the house painting and priming, cleaning, pulling up carpet tacks, and patching drywall holes. Yep, I learned how to patch drywall holes! I am pretty proud of my work. I even used a POWER TOOL. Incredible, I know.
- My brother is getting married in September (I think I've mentioned this) so I've been working on some shower details for the happy couple. I love being creative like that.
- I gave my official resignation at work. :( That was a super sad day...but the more progress we make on the house, the more excited I am to move and the less sad I feel about work.
- Hubby Blue's schedule is driving us crazy. He's still working 2-10, so we pretty much never see each other. Well, that's not entirely true, because I guess I see him sleeping when I wake up in the morning, and I guess he sees me sleeping when he gets home. But we don't really talk. Like...ever. Unless it's a Sunday. Sometimes he's able to call me during his shift, but sometimes he's just really busy. At least that's what I assume? I've taken to texting him about stuff because I don't want to bother him while he's working or sleeping, but it really bugs me when my texts never get answered. Or emails. Or notes that I leave on the kitchen table. Nontraditional means of communication is apparently not something we're so good at. So I'm a pretty moody person by the time Friday rolls around.
- Packing is a common theme in my life these days. I'm packing up my house so we can move, my personal stuff at work because I'm quitting, and my whole classroom because the school is closing! Remember how I said I should invest in weed killer? I should probably include packing tape and boxes too.
So that's a brief recap! Probably when the school year is over I'll get to posting some pictures of the house progress and my little projects! What have you all been up to?