Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Good Reads

I got a library card last week so I could borrow the book, "I Love a Cop" by Ellen Kirschman.  (This was a huge deal for me.  I haven't had a library card in two years because the town we used to live in was so small that it didn't have a library.  It's the little things, people.)  I have been looking at this book on Amazon for months but I can't bring myself to buy it because I am trying not to bring more stuff into my life (ahem, anybody moved recently?  We did, and it. Was. Awful.) and because I think it's the type of book I want to read in hard copy instead of on a Kindle.  My library had to request it from a different library, but I could really use a good police wife book right now!

Any other book recommendations for police wives?

I'll start!  I read "Lives Behind the Badge" by Kristi Neace a couple months ago and definitely recommend it!  It was short and just full of stories from police wives about things they've learned, trials they've been through, and even some funny little things like, "You know you're a police wife if..."  My favorite was "You know you're a police wife if you've ever chased your husband down the street in your nightgown because he forgot his gun."  Hubby Blue has never forgotten his gun, but he did forget his duty belt once, and I have been known to run wildly out into our yard, flailing my arms all over the place with his lunch...more than once.  I never do this simply for dramatic effect.  And obviously, I was wearing my PJs...that just makes me look like more of a crazy person. :)

3 comments:

  1. I have a few but haven't read them all but I'll post the list :)

    Emotional survival for law enforcement by dr Kevin gilmartin
    Bullets in the washing machine by Melissa littles
    Dependence day by Heidi Paulson
    Arresting Communication by Jim glennon
    Because I'm suitable by chaplain Allison uribe
    How to love your cop by Victoria Newman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check that book out fo' sho'. I dont think my officer has forgotten anything.........yet, haha. Its bound to happen eventually. :-)

    I'm about to finish an interesting cop wife life book, "A CHiP on My Shoulder: Loving Your Cop with Attitude", written by the wife of a California Highway Patrol officer. It includes alot of basic, helpful information, and alot of good insight on helping your LEO marriage to thrive, not just survive. Have you read it? If not, I'd love to send it to you - I should finish it up in the next day or so. :-) You could pass it on to someone else when your done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very excited to find your blog and that you found mine! So nice to read about the ups and downs of other police wives like me :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Please note this is an anonymous blog. Thank you!