Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What I'm Thankful For

This year I have a lot to be thankful for.  I think this year more than others I am really thankful for my husband.  He's brought so much love and laughter into my life, and he is changing me for the better all the time.  So many things in the last year taught me how to rely on him, trust him, and support him.  I think I'm finally really, truly understanding what it means to be a wife.  I firmly believe there is no one else in the world who can better teach me how to shoot a gun, turn grocery shopping into a fun outing, assure me I probably don't have a stomach ulcer, turn a boring night at home into a wine and cheese party or indulge me with a banana split.  I don't know what I would do without him!

I am also extremely thankful we both have jobs...jobs we really enjoy, at that.  I know a lot of people out there in the world are not so lucky right now, and even though Hubby Blue's job can cause some stress, we are very, very fortunate that he is employed and that he is so happy.  And so am I. :)

I'm also super grateful for my family (especially my mom and dad, who make a point to visit me way out in the boonies where I live, at least once a week because they know I get lonely, my brothers, who, despite being my younger brothers, have always looked out for me, and my in-laws, for sending us house alarms to help me feel safer at night and for praying for us), the friends who have really shown themselves to be good friends when the going gets tough, and everyone who reads this blog!  I never knew what level of support I would find on the internet, and I have to tell you who read this, you are helping me more than you'll ever know.  I've only been at this a short while, but I feel like we could be friends in real life.  Thank you for your advice and your support and for being the incredibly strong group of women you already are.

After that, I guess mostly, I'm really thankful to have a mailbox (the town we used to live in was so small that we didn't get mail delivery at our house...we had to pick it up at the post office)...and I'm thankful for a library, a gym, and a grocery store, ALL in the same town we live in.  Hahaha.  Seriously, I feel so spoiled!  I used to be thankful for my flip phone, but I (finally) just got a smart phone, so I'm thankful I finally quit being so stubborn and joined the 21st century. :)

Last, but certainly not least, I'm grateful for the grace of my Maker.  God has gotten me through a LOT this year, and all I can do is praise Him for the blessings that have rained down on me.  Thank you Lord for all You have given me!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Here's to another year full of thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note this is an anonymous blog. Thank you!