Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

You are a mist...

The other night, I was stressing out about some pretty big decisions Hubby Blue and I were considering, and I flipped open my Bible to a random page.  Years ago, for who knows what reason, I had highlighted this section of James 4 and just happened to land on it that night:

13 Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.” 

You can say it was a coincidence or not, but it definitely spoke to me at that moment.  I know those verses won't mean much to my blog readers, but part of starting this blog was to create a document for me to look back on.  So I guess you could say this one is just for me...for now.

On another note...

At 3:52 this morning, I got a text from Hubby Blue that simply said, "Late felony arrest," and I knew in that instant I would not be seeing him this morning!  I just think that's funny because two months ago I would probably have responded with all kinds of questions, the first one being, "What does that mean?"  In fact, when this happened to HB for the first time, about a month ago, HB was the one texting me with all the updates about what what had happened, what they were doing right now, what was about to happen.  Now, it's like he's an old pro at this. :)  You know you're a police wife when...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note this is an anonymous blog. Thank you!