Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

My Big Goal in 2013

One of my goals (actually, this is probably my biggest/only goal) for 2013 is to read the entire Bible.  Yep.  The whole thing.  Every!  Single!  Word!

This has been a goal of mine since I was in high school.  I started a few times, but I never even came close to finishing.  This time around, I'm following a plan I got from the church I attend.  You can also find the same plan at www.bible-reading.com.  I know it's not 2013 yet, but the plan starts on a Sunday, so I got a head start on the year. :)

The plan follows a repeating pattern each week, focusing on a different section of the Bible each day.  On Sundays, you read from the epistles, Monday is the Law, Tuesday are for history, Wednesdays are for Psalms, Thursdays are poetry, Fridays are prophecy, and Saturdays are the Gospels.  For this week, I'm going to be reading:
Sunday: Romans 1-2
Monday: Genesis 1-3
Tuesday: Joshua 1-5
Wednesday: Psalms 1-2
Thursday: Job 1-2
Friday: Isaiah 1-6
Saturday: Matthew 1-2

I'm going to make it a goal of mine to post the readings for each week on Sundays so that if you want to join me, you can!  If you are, will you leave a comment?  I know I'll need the encouragement to stick with it, and I'd love to be able to encourage you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note this is an anonymous blog. Thank you!